As a manager , owner , board/ committee member, or fellow Professional Engineer, have you observed your structure deteriorating?
How do you get started with assessing your building, facility, condominium or structure?
SPOTLIGHT ON CORROSION
Condition Surveys – Phase 1
Condition surveys form the basis for designing and specifying preservation and repair materials and processes. Destructive and non-destructive evaluations of the existing structure allows the engineer to :
- Establish the cause of deterioration so that appropriate preservation or repair strategies can be formulated
- Determine the structural significance of the damage
- Quantify the amount of damage and estimate repair costs
- Assign priorities to work
ESE has performed numerous condition surveys on condominiums, commercial buildings, industrial facilities, marine shiplifts, theme park rides, bridges, cooling towers and many more. Please see our projects page for some examples. See Projects page here.
Existing Structures has the specialized knowledge and evaluation equipment required to establish the “health” of the structure, including:
- Ultrasonic gages
- Core drills and sampling equipment
- Potential and corrosion rate measurement equipment
- Ground penetrating radar
- ACI approved sounding equipment
- Structural and diffusion analysis software
- Analytical laboratory
(also see Phase 2 – Repair and Remediation Design page)